Saturday, November 9, 2013

Pumpkins, All Saint's Day, and the month of All Souls

Howdy! Well, All Saint's Day went off really well. I did finish all the costumes (despite not having a car for a couple of weeks ....and running out of material for a monk's outfit!). The children really had fun at the parish party. I let the older boys go off on their own, and since most of the activities, were in the parish hall I could see them. The hardest one to watch was Little Mr. Yummy he was so excited about the balloons and the candy that he could not keep to one place very long, but I stayed in the back of the hall, grabbed a balloon, some treats, and he was good to go!

Miss M and Miss L.L kept together and could g around the hall as long as they could see me. So, I thought it would be too much to handle without my husband but it really worked out.

Then, guess what? My sister had another party on Sunday....with a bouncer and everything ha!
Dad was even there! I would post pictures of the costumes, but that will have to wait until an email.

This month we are trying to visit the cemetery every day. We are very close to a cemetery and it really is very peaceful to pray the family rosary there.

As St. Thomas Aquinas says, "it is more profitable to help the poor souls than poor people, because the poor souls are totally helpless".

Of course, we should help the poor too!!
I did something smart this year. I went ahead and ordered holy day crafts and saint crafts for the whole year. I won't have to worry about that at the last minute it's it my liturgical box and ready to go. I bought this All Soul's day craft from Oriental Trading Co. , and it really came out nice.
 

3 comments:

  1. What a good idea for the crafts! ** Real Hunie**

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say my party was pretty rockin'
    *The real Mrs. A.*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to say my party would be better, but I don't throw parties so no such comparison.

    ReplyDelete